Saturday, July 30, 2011

Gros Morne National Park


Gros Morne Mountain
UNESCO World Heritage Site
(James Callaghan Trail)

The following photos were taken on a recent trip to Gros Morne National Park where a friend and I spent the day hiking.  And what a hike it was!!  I wasn't in good shape to begin with and climbing over the scree slope was more than I had bargained for. I had done this hike once before when I was 11 or 12 with the Girl Guides....only four things I remember from way back then was "How much further", two: "Why does the water look black from way up here", three: the weight of my little orange knapsack used to carry one extra bottle of water, a jacket and some snacks and four: drinking that other bottle of water long before we finished!!  I remembered for this trip to take enough water but was in no way prepared otherwise: for me it was grueling, a battle of wits between mind and body...a testament of just how out of shape I was. 

No comments: